Friday, June 8, 2012

*Surprise Bridal Shower*

My daughter-in-law hosted a surprise bridal shower for my daughter on May 27th.  The shower theme was 'GEEK'.  Yes - my daughter and soon to be son-in-law are both computer geeks.  It is absolutely fantastic having a geeky daughter - she fixes all my computer problems...
We ordered some really 'cool' invitations!  Take a look!

***The Invite***


Keeping the shower a secret was a task unto itself - but we did it!!!  Look at the surprise on her face - priceless!!!


And an even BIGGER surprise when she saw her best friend from high school had come from Wisconsin!!!

Laurie and Jackie
Jackie received many wonderful gifts from all who attended!  Here she is looking through the 'Smash Album' I gave her.  Now that she has happy occasions to scrapbook - I am hoping we can scrapbook together again!


Angela did an absolutely fantastic job planning, decorating and hosting the party!  She created the banner (with a little help from me via email and phone conversations).  

The banner

Angela also created the tissue flowers and lanterns to hang above the table.

Table decorations!
 And the fantastic 'GEEK' cake!!!

Jackie's Facebook page printed on the cake!
We played a few games - here's one of them.  "How old are they?"  She was so cute when she was little...  But OMG - this was really HARD!  I couldn't play the game but I had to figure out the age for each pic for the game.  You would think it would have been easy for me, after all she is my daughter.  Thank goodness I had dates on the back of a majority of the pics...    :)


And here are a few of the guests trying to figure out all the geek acronyms during another game...  You see the acronyms used all the time, but do you really know them???


One fantastic Sunday afternoon had by all who attended!
Thank you Angela for making this a very special occasion for Jackie!!!

1 comment: