Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mother Nature Strikes!

What a mess we came home to after our trip to St. Louis for the graduation!  Mother Nature must have been a little ticked off at somebody the end of May because she came through Frisco not once, but twice and left a trail of destruction.  Almost every house in our subdivision has either hail damage, fences blown down or roof damage.
Our house lost half of the shingles on one side of the roof all the way down to the plywood.  What a horrible sense of helplessness when we received the call from neighbor telling us she could see roof damage from the street.  Unfortunately the day after the first storm a second storm came through and all that rain came pouring through our roof and into my husband's office and the guest bedroom.  The insurance agent was finally able to send somebody to tarp our roof, but the majority of the water damage had already happened.
So now we are dealing with the insurance, contractors, estimates, repair, clean-up, etc, etc.  I do thank the lord that the leak was not in my office or crop room!!!!  I don't even want to think of how horrible the mess would have been with all my scrapbooking supplies.
I won't be able to scrapbook for a couple of months since the crop room is full of papers drying out, furniture from the other rooms and everything is such a mess.
Hopefully I will be back to scrapbooking and my house will be back to normal before the end of August!!!!
Until then - Happy Scrapping to all of you....

No comments:

Post a Comment